problem with Classic

Reaction score
I have just tried to restart my old iMac desklamp type that normally runs 10.4.? in classic os9. I can only get it to do a partial start up w/chimes then just a gray screen.
I tried holding down the on button to shut down and then start up again but still only a gray screen. Can anyone tell me how can I just get back to osX so this computer will be functional again?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do you still have your Tiger (OS X 10.4.X) disks?

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do still have the discs, however, my CD drawer would not open or I might have tried starting up with one of them. I ended up searching all over the net using another machine and found, finally, that If I did another cold start while holding down the X key, I would start up in osX. NEAT! I am relieved because that is my wife's computer and I was just messing around with it.
Again, thanks anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.