mac osx 10.4.11 Font appearances

Reaction score
I am using an older mac at work and have forgotten how to switch font appearces.
Over the holidays, some how a lot of websites and emails come in using a bizzare random
font from the font book... How can I correct this? Please ignore any misspellings
as I am struggling to even read my own post...attached is the screencap of what im dealing with.... I have tried switching the fonts in both Mail & safari and nothing seems to switch it to a legible font...Any help is very appreciated.

Picture 4.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Safari > Preferences.. > Appearance

Select your preferred fonts.

Mail? I don't use it.

OP
J
Reaction score
wow...

using the preferences It was listed as times & courier when I changed it nothing happened even after a restart... I even trashed my preferences for safari before the reset...
& it still looks like this. Any Ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Does your System Preferences have a pane for Languages? Mine doesn't, but I think later versions of OSX have it. Perhaps the answer is in there.

M

MacInWin

I would also look in Font book to see what characters are showing in those fonts. It may be that the font files are messed up.

C

chas_m

What is likely to be happening is that JD either recently deleted, renamed or moved some fonts, or used a program such as Monolingual and went overboard on removing languages. The system looks to be defaulting to Cuneifont to make up for a missing or damaged system font.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.