random Iphone4 reboots and won't sync to any computer

Reaction score
I have the Iphone 4. Until now it has mostly worked fine, but after I installed the recent update it shuts down and boots again 2-3 times a day. Also when I try to sync it with itunes it often crash that too. When it does not crash and I try to sync the phone, the loading bar just goes on forever at one or another of the sections. Also sometimes it tells me it cannot be synced because the device has timed out. Any suggestions or tips welcome. Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Back up your iPhone first and then try resetting it from iTunes.

OP
J
Reaction score
Ok, I reset it, but itunes still freezes when trying to restore from backup, or even when I plug the phone in still. :/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13-inch, Mid 2012
rebooting iphone

"I have the Iphone 4. Until now it has mostly worked fine, but after I installed the recent update it shuts down and boots again 2-3 times a day."

You might not have enough free space left on the phone to operate correctly, i.e. close to maximum storage.

My wife's was doing the same so I deleted some pics from here phone and it worked fine.

-settings
--general
---about

and see what is available.

hope this works for you.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks, but even after I have deleted everything on the phone (reset) it still happens.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.