Jump to last page ms word document?

Reaction score
I'd like to be able to open an MS Word document and jump straight to the last page. Does the software have a provision for doing that? If so, what is it? Probably a very basic question. Thanks for any help you can give me.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What kind of keyboard are you using? Reason I ask is if you're using an Apple or compatible full size keyboard with "home" and "end" keys, those keys can be used to go to the first page or top of the document (home) or the last page (end). Another way would be to insert a bookmark but will require an extra step.

OP
L
Reaction score
Jumping to last page in MS Word

Dear chscag:

Thanks for replying to my question about how to jump to last page of a MS Word document. Unfortunately (I think) I am using the keyboard on the latest version of the Macbook Pro. No keys labeled 'Home' or 'End.' I think I got one of the up-down-sideways arrow keys to run through the pages one at a time, but with increasing speed if I held the key down. Not sure I remember which key, I think it was the move right key.

I have to say I'm a bit surprised that Microsoft doesn't make such a basic move an easy-to-find, easy-to-use feature of Word.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,

Ludwig

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Thanks for that tip. I knew there must be a way to do this.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@Slydude:

That doesn't work here. Have you tried it with a Word document to see if that will move the cursor to the end of the document or last page? In Windows Word, control+down arrow works.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Thanks for the heads up chscag. You're right. That sequence does not work on the Mac.
The correct sequences are as follows:

To the end of a document
COMMAND + END
COMMAND + FN + RIGHT ARROW (on a MacBook keyboard)

Substituting the left arrow in these commands moves to the beginning of a document.

I did not find these commands well documented in Word 2011 (or I didn't search well). I found these and many other useful commands here.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for checking that out. Yours works OK. I have the full size Apple aluminum keyboard (wired) that I like and use and the Command End, Command Home keys work to go from the top to the end or vice versa.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
But the OP stated that he does not have Home or End keys. I tried all the combos I could think of in a Word file without using End and could not get it to jump to the last page.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You'll only find the Home and End keys on a full sized Apple aluminum keyboard or other full sized keyboards. But the shortcut keys that Slydude indicated work on both the full sized keyboard and one used in Apple portable computers. The OP should use the shortcut keys that Slydude indicated.

Reaction score
Scroll to End of Document

fn+control+right-arrow

I have had trouble researching how to "Scroll to End" as well. After experimenting with some of the suggestions on this thread I discovered that

fn+option+right-arrow

seems to work on MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Scroll to End of Document

I have had trouble researching how to "Scroll to End" as well. After experimenting with some of the suggestions on this thread I discovered that

fn+option+right-arrow

seems to work on MacBook Pro
Yes this works with Microsoft Word.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@Happynow2

A warm welcome to our forums and thank you for your post.

It's not a bad idea looking at the date of the previous posts. In this case, the last post before yours was over 4 years ago at which time I think the problem was solved.

Do stay with us. Visit regularly and post any questions you have; or answer other people's problems (y)

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.