restoring hard drive form time machine

Reaction score
yesterday i lost my backup internal hard drive icon form desktop. a warning came up on the screen saying it was ejected improperly. when i restart my macpro the 2nd internal HD icon would show up but then go away after 30 seconds. when i go to system preferences to startup disc its not there. in disk utility its not there. finally i unplugged my desktop and when plugging it back in it would show up for a minute or so but when clicking on it would send it away. long story short i was able to find out how to get it to show up in disk utility and erase it. now it shows up and seems to be fine except ofcourse its empty. can i restore it form time machine. i can find an older version of it in time machine but i figure if i click restore to desktop it will just be like adding a folder with everything thats on it to my desktop. what id like to do is erase it and completely restore it from a couple days ago. hope im making myself understood.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You can right click on a series of folders in time machine and select "Restore X folders to"

Time machine will exit and ask you to select the restore point in the finder

OP
H
Reaction score
thats what im trying to figure out. my boot HD i call ps3 and my backup internal HD i call xbox360. im booting on ps3 so xbox360 is idle but i do have it on my desktop so i figure it must be mounted. i have gone into time machine and found a folder called xbox360 and can restore it, but thats where im kinda lost. should i erase my backup HD then restore my older xbox360 folder to my desktop then drag it to my empty backup HD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.