macbook air screen

rie

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just have a quick question.

Anyone knows about the strength of the macbook air screen?

Today, I was doing some designs and i placed my ball point pen tip very near the screen and accidentally, i tapped the screen with the tip (without cover on). It had an audible tap sound but the pressure wasn't great as the ball point pen was about 2cm away from the screen before it contacted the screen.

I understand that the macbook air screen is made of plastic and not as durable as glass screen MBP.

I have examined the screen in detail repeatedly and everything seems perfectly fine with no dents, colours runs, dead pixels etc.

I am wondering if this means my macbook air screen is alright or should i be concerned?

Any comments is greatly appreciated as i am flusterred and worried now.

Thanks,
Ryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Retina 15" Intel Core i5 / iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 plus
Well, I have another MacPro, early 2008 and I have dead pixels so I know what it means. Try to open a white page, I mean try to make your computer have a totally white wallpaper and examine with attention every milimeter of the screen. Dead pixels are whiter than the white wallpaper.

Hope I helped you!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I am wondering if this means my macbook air screen is alright or should i be concerned?

Either way...what are you going to do about it? What's done (or not done) is done ("Water under the bridge").

Realistically. If there appears to be no issues...what is the concern?

Tapping the display with a ballpoint pen should not have caused any problems. It's not like you spilled liquid on the computer...and are afraid of it "crapping-out" at any moment.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Retina 15" Intel Core i5 / iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 plus
Try to do what I did to see if you have dead pixels. If you find nothing, you have nothing to worry about.

Stay calm!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.