Replaced my battery today

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 4,1 --> 5,1 6 Core X5680
After replacing my battery and reassembling the phone, my screen didnt work. I figured a connector must have gotten loose so I just took it back apart and tested it. Screen doesnt work, and if I plug the phone in it makes the charging sound every 5 seconds. This is with the new AND the old battery. What do I do? Did something get shorted on the motherboard? Would replacing the screen fix this? I feel I am dealing with both a battery and a screen problem. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No telling what happened. Anyway, go to iFixit: The free repair manual and take a look at the instructions for replacing the battery in your model iPhone. You might also look over the take apart instructions to see if you may have broken something in the process.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 4,1 --> 5,1 6 Core X5680
Just thought id bring this back from the dead. Forgot to reply back then. I ordered a new screen and that fixed it. When I tore the screen off I must have hurt a ribbon cable on the OEM screen. Bringing this back up so if people search on google they will know. I couldn't really find anything on this problem except for one other instance.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Just thought id bring this back from the dead. Forgot to reply back then. I ordered a new screen and that fixed it. When I tore the screen off I must have hurt a ribbon cable on the OEM screen. Bringing this back up so if people search on google they will know. I couldn't really find anything on this problem except for one other instance.

Thanks for the update. Always nice to have an ending. And congrats on getting everything working.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.