my own iphone is IMEI blacklisted

Reaction score
Don't worry, I didn't steal an Iphone or bought one Ilegally. It's my own. A couple of nights ago i thought my iphone was stolen and it had a mild water damage anyways, so i immediately reported it stolen so that my carrier's insurance would give me a new one (big mistake). My friend found my Iphone today and gave it back to me but I had already been given a new Iphone by my carrier.
My carrier is crap and i'm used to getting contradictory answers from them. When i first called them they said that i can revert the imei blacklist i just had to prove it was mine with the original contract, ID etc. But then i called them again and they said it cannot be done. So i'm not sure what to think. Can it usually be done legally with a carrier? and can it also be done illegally?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Don't worry, I didn't steal an Iphone or bought one Ilegally. It's my own. A couple of nights ago i thought my iphone was stolen and it had a mild water damage anyways, so i immediately reported it stolen so that my carrier's insurance would give me a new one (big mistake). My friend found my Iphone today and gave it back to me but I had already been given a new Iphone by my carrier.
My carrier is crap and i'm used to getting contradictory answers from them. When i first called them they said that i can revert the imei blacklist i just had to prove it was mine with the original contract, ID etc. But then i called them again and they said it cannot be done. So i'm not sure what to think. Can it usually be done legally with a carrier? and can it also be done illegally?

I had the same issue with my iPhone when it got lost while I was mowing. I just had to call verizon and have it removed. If you have the information such as the contract, box and info for the phone then you should be able to call them or go to the store near you and get the imei unblocked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.