Data drain

Reaction score
How can I prevent my Mac from uploading/downloading huge amounts of data other than shutting off Airport everytime I leave my office. I have a limited data plan because of my rural location and this data drain is killing me. how do I figure out what is being up and downloaded and how do I make it stop? I have an iMac with 10.6.8 Help! This is absolutely maddening and I can't afford it!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Download "SurplusMeter" from here. However, it would probably be best to just disconnect your iMac from its connection before leaving the office or shut it down completely. If you need it to remain on line because of network considerations, there's really not much more you can do.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks! I already have Surplus Meter but that doesn't give me the depth of info I was looking for. It just alerts me to the problem, for which I am very grateful! At least now I know I've truly done about all I can do. Thanks for your input!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.