iMovie Share

Reaction score
share is not working. Clicking it does not work, and menu pulldown does not give any options. Help!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 13"MBA 2.2GHz i7, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.11.6
Did you compile (finalize) your video?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
share is not working.
Are you trying to Share a Project, or a clip in in the Events Library? Also, which version of iMovie?

Did you compile (finalize) your video?
There is no need to do that. All it does is make copies of your movie at every resolution that it can support and make them available to other applications via the Media Browser. If you don't want that, there is no need to finalize.

OP
F
Reaction score
iMovie 10.0.1
The completed project is in both the library and theatre. When i click share, it doesn't give me anything....like a dead link. Nothing. I completed this project 2 months ago, and "shared" it through email at that time, using the share menu and it all went well. I'm doing the exact same thing right now......and nothing. It's like the program is flawed, and there's no update...I think.

I would like to compile or finalize it, but i see nothing there for that either. Maybe I already did that when I got it moved into the theatre.

But, I want to burn this project to a video disk, not data, and I have no idea without "share".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Sorry, still on the previous version, so can't offer any help. Think I'll be staying on that version given what I've heard of v10.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.