Question about playing itunes movies on other devices

Reaction score
So in febuary i am going to be upgrading to the Lg G2 from my iPhone 4 and I do have a few tv shows that I bought and a couple movies on the iTunes store would there be a way of playing those video files on the G2? Or any way of converting them so they would work? Or would I have to just buy them on dvd and recopy them again?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
No way save for some shady (illegal) work arounds.

You'll run into the same thing with the Google Play Store on Android.

'Tis why I have moved just about all my digital content to Vudu and Ultraviolet - downloadable and playable in iOS, Android, OS X and Windows along with Roku and just about every smart TV and Blu-Ray player on the market.

Reaction score
MasterShake, as bobtomay points out, UltraViolet allows fans to watch a digital version of their movie or TV show anywhere, on their favorite devices, including those mobile devices using iOS, Windows and Android operating systems. UltraViolet also allows consumers to instantly stream and download movies and TV shows to televisions, computers, tablets and smartphones through UltraViolet retail services like CinemaNow, Flixster, Target Ticket, VUDU, and more. For more information on compatible devices go to UltraViolet.

UltraViolet is included with the purchase of specially marked Blu-ray discs, so if you have the physical copies, you may want to check to see if you have UltraViolet codes for them – the codes are typically included on the paper insert on the inside of the package. And, some retail services offer disc-to-digital, so be sure to look on the retailers' websites for more information about this, which would be another way to get the content added to your UltraViolet collection.

We hope this helps!

-- Jesse, TriplePoint PR for the Digital Entertainment Group (a representative of UltraViolet)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.