iPhone sync

Reaction score
I use to be able to have my I phone sync with my computer and i pad when ever I entered contact info, it does not do so now I need help getting this back

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Can you tell us a bit more about the computer and iPhone/iPad? For example, are you running iOS 7 on the iDevices, and is the computer a Mac or a Windows machine - and also, which OS are you running? Are you using iCloud to sync, or iTunes?

OP
J
Reaction score
can't sync I Phone 5 to my I Mac or I Pad

To answer your questions:
OSX version 10.9.1 and I have a I Mac my I phone 5 and I Pad 3 everything is current on all three and I am syncing with both I think

OP
J
Reaction score
Trying to sync with both but can't get my I mac contacts to sync at all now but it use to sync from my computer my contact information as soon as it was typed on the computer to where ever I was at the time onto my phone and my I pad. Some setting must have been changed and can't do now.

C

chas_m

Are you using iCloud to sync things? If so, check that "contacts" is set to sync on each of the devices AND the Mac in the iCloud preferences.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
On your iMac that would be in System Preferences - iCloud

(and just as an FYI: it is iMac, iPhone, iPad... not I Mac, I Phone, I Pad - makes it hard if not impossible for others that may be searching for a fix to the same or similar issue)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.