PS3 DUALSHOCK 3 controller pairing with a Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Hi, I have a late 2011 Macbook pro running version 10.7.5. I have heard that you can pair a PS3 DUALSHOCK 3 controller to the mac with no drivers or ANYTHING. The incredibly annoying part of this is that every tutorial, site, forum, and question I see answered simply says "it just works." Well thats my problem, my computer will not "see" the controller at all. It doesn't ask for a password or anything, it can't see the controller when I press the PS button, the lights on it just "blink" like it is trying desperately to connect but can't. The frustrating part is I feel like the only person on the planet with this issue. I envy those with password issues because at least they have conformation that the computer and the controller can actually converse with each other. From what I know, there it NO reason for it to NOT work. Other information includes that my PS3 is turned off and unplugged, the controller is charged, yes I connect it with the USB cord, and yes I tried the PS3 controller driver and it didn't work either. For pete's sake help me.

Oh and PS: the Bluetooth on my laptop DOES work, as a matter of fact I'm typing on a bluetooth keyboard and clicking "publish" with my bluetooth mouse.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.