Problem w/ Powerbook G4 Titanium

L

loserpunk

first off i'm not sure this is in the right section so any mod feel free to move this if necessary

ok, i can sum up the problem pretty quick, my powerbook titanium 1ghz model freezes while doing almost anything.....unplugged/plugged in, starting up, running programs, even just sitting there w/ the screen saver on, sitting on a desk or being moved around

i've done a clean install of mac OS X and gotten rid of everything and it still freezes just as often which can range from once a day...to every 2 minutes

any suggestions......i know taking it to the mac store would probably be best, but i'm super short on cash right now so i doubt that's a possibility

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
What version of OS X are you running?

How much RAM is in the machine?

Have you tried repairing permissions?

OP
L

loserpunk

it's running tiger, and it's got a gig of ram...i don't know what repairing permissions is

OP
C

chrisb2999

loserpunk said:
first off i'm not sure this is in the right section so any mod feel free to move this if necessary

ok, i can sum up the problem pretty quick, my powerbook titanium 1ghz model freezes while doing almost anything.....unplugged/plugged in, starting up, running programs, even just sitting there w/ the screen saver on, sitting on a desk or being moved around

i've done a clean install of mac OS X and gotten rid of everything and it still freezes just as often which can range from once a day...to every 2 minutes

any suggestions......i know taking it to the mac store would probably be best, but i'm super short on cash right now so i doubt that's a possibility

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=89736

Try these.

OP
L

loserpunk

alright, i repaired the permissions, and ran a software update...and it's only frozen twice since i restarted after the software update, and both times it was plugged into the AC and i've heard of ppl having problems w/ their AC adapteres, and mine is an old one from a g3 (possible problem?)

OP
M

maddog39

I have a titanium PowerBook and that has never happened to me and I know how much the apple store costs, $300 to fix the hard drive, lol. I dont think the G3's have problems on G4's.

OP
L

loserpunk

it's went about 3 days now problem free, and i've been using it a lot more now that i'm pretty confident in it....

it did freeze a total of 3 times after the repair..but that was within the first 2 hrs...hasn't happened since....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.