CD covers on ipod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2011 27" i7 iMac iPad Air iPhone 6 iPod Classic Sierra
I have transferred about 20GB of music from my CDs. When I look at them on my iTunes library on my iMac or on the iPod classic 120GB I only get a generic music icon. Should I be able to get the CD cover photo as well as the music tracks.

Yours in ignorance and anticipation

Reaction score
I've found that only about 1 in 10 CDs automagically get a cover pic added to them. I download the pics from wikipedia or scan my cd covers and add them to the "Cover Art" in the CD's "get info" box in iTunes, then the cover pic shows up in both iTunes and the iPod for every song on that CD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hello - for myself, once I import music into my iTunes Library, the album usually has just the generic icon that you mentioned. By opening the drop down menu for the icon and selecting 'Get Info', the dialog box shown in the attached pic from my iTunes app allows the addition of cover art - just check the box shown by the red arrow and drag an image on your computer into the rectangle.

The cover art can be obtained online or scanned as already suggested. To get the music onto my iPod, I make a playlist and then drag that to the iPod icon in the left sidebar (mine is not cabled at the moment but I'm sure you know what I mean) - if the music is transferred to your iPod w/o the correct cover art (or the generic icon), then I've not found a way to put it onto the iDevice; usually have to delete from the iPod and redo the iTunes transfer. Give it a try and let us know. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2013-12-30 at 9.53.21 AM.png

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2011 27" i7 iMac iPad Air iPhone 6 iPod Classic Sierra
Thanks for that. I found the Artwork for most of my CDs online and have now updated my library with the covers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Thanks for that. I found the Artwork for most of my CDs online and have now updated my library with the covers.

GREAT! Glad to help and hope getting your cover art to the iPod works out, too! Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.