No reformat non-destructive reinstall Windows in bootcamp

Reaction score
I have previously had great success with a no reformat, non-destructive reinstall of Windows on Windows machines using the upgrade option during setup. This leaves data and programs intact.
Win7′s no-reformat, nondestructive reinstall
Is this possible with Windows in bootcamp? If so, your advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.
2013 iMac running Mavericks. Windows Home Premium 64 bit.
With thanks in anticipation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Do not think it will work. Drive needs to be formatted Mac OS Extended (Journaled) in one single partition before starting BootCamp Assistant.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't see why you couldn't do the same thing as long as you have your Windows 7 DVD and don't accidentally overwrite or reinstall over OS X. Boot Camp has nothing to do with this process seeing how Windows 7 is already installed on a separate partition. The only caveat here is the Windows 7 boot sector and whether or not the reinstall will rebuild it.

OP
G
Reaction score
No format non-destructive reinstall Windows in bootcamp

Thank you both for your very prompt responses. I will ponder your replies before proceeding. With best wishes

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.