Best and Easiest Video editing suite for Mac book Pro & Ipad

Reaction score
H all,

I'm new here but have just had a rather exciting buying spree having recently ordered but not yet received a New Mac Book Pro Retina 16GB:$:$ and Also an Ipad Air Retina 128GB.:$:$;)

I am planning to use both of these devices in connection with my business and for leisure activities Ariel Inspection and First Person View Flying.

I'm interested in in both publishing video for You tube ( leisure) using a Gopro Hero3+ Black edition and possibly a Canon D50 in connection with my business.

As this is a new venture for me I'm looking for advice here on the Easiest and Best video editing suite.

I am not looking for a free downloadable editing suite, as I shall be purchasing the suite for my business.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Just 1No slight problem to this is that I have to purchase prior to end of business on 31/12/2013. This date is my business year end date. I am UK based if that is of any help.

Thank you in advance

fastcat7

C

chas_m

You have iMovie already on board your new MacBook Pro, and it is the basis of the more professional suite Final Cut Pro X (which is $199). Think of iMovie as a one-track (of video or audio) editor, and Final Cut as the multi-track and much more version.

There's a simply astounding array of plug-ins for FCP as well, and obviously its made to work on Mac hardware. No disrespect intended to Adobe's Premiere Pro or Avid, but I happen to think FCP is the best of the bunch. It's certainly what I'd recommend for a professional business.

OP
F
Reaction score
Hi Chas m,

Thanks for the fast reply, I won't purchase just yet I'll see what others have to say first.

fastcat7:;D;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27' iMac, 2.8 GHz Intel Core i5, 16GB Ram. 10.8.2 OSX
I agree with Chas.

I would wait and see what iMovie can NOT do for you before you go and purchase something else. iMovie is a really good and simple to use editor.

If you simply must buy or iMovie isn't fully doing it for you, I also agree that you can't go wrong with Final Cut Pro.

Chas has WAY more experience than I do, so don't take my word for it though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Think of iMovie as a one-track (of video or audio)
You can have more than one audio track in iMovie.

C

chas_m

That's true, MightyGem, it would be more accurate to say two-track on audio. But its not a truly multi-track video and audio editor was the point I was trying to make.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I use iMovie to Edit movies with my GoPro. Works a treat, and GoPro saves the Movie in .mp4 already, so its easy enough to bring across to the Mac and import into iMovie. Its very easy to navigate and very easy to edit. If you want the next thing up, like all above me, FCP X is the next best thing.
Mind you, its movies like Xmen 2 that are cut in FCP X so you know its more for the Pro. I like iMovie as it now has Theatre and i can watch them easy enough on my iPad Mini. . . . .

EDIT : iMovie is the BEST option, as i just saw iPad at the end of the your Title. With iMovie you can edit on Mac and iPad without any problems, and on the iPad is easy as well. OR more a few more $ on the iPad, you have Pinnacle Studio which i like a lot too. Here is the Link for Pinnacle . Actually, on the iPad i like Pinnacle more so than iMovie, has a few more options, but still easy to edit on a iDevice, but you will be better to buy the Cloud Connection In App Purchase to get them back to Mac. Pinnacle writes the movie in mp4 now as well.

OP
F
Reaction score
Hi TattooedMac

I tried to purchase Pinnicle from the Apple online store but apparently Pinnicle only accept payment from an American Source even though I was trying to use PAYPAL.

It appears to me that Pinnicle may be a brilliant product but if it can't be purchased except by people based in America they need to seriously look at their marketing strategy.

Thanks all for all of your help to date

fastcat7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
What Country are you in ?? I put the US store version up, because the majority of members here are US Based.

Here is the Australian Store version, as thats where I'm from, but where you see the 'au' replace that with your countries short name . . ie: 'uk' United Kingdom 'us' United States and so on. It would be a world wide App, so pick your country or search. Hope that makes sense . .

OP
F
Reaction score
Hi again TattooedMac

I didn't fully read your message will now try with the UK ending.

Thanks again

fastcat7

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.