Quicken

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Do you already have Parallels up and running? If so, then you should be able to install it the same way that you would on Windows. If you haven't installed Parallels do that first. The directions are pretty straightforward.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What do you intend to run in Parallels? If you're running Windows in Parallels, then you'll need to download the Windows version of Quicken from Apple. If you wish to do something else with Quicken, you need to give us more details.

Reaction score
My method:
Installed Parallels.
Bought Windows from Microsoft and installed it under Parallels; run Windows in Convergence mode (just my preference).
Bought and installed Quicken from Intuit.
Run Internet Explorer under Windows to download transactions from bank into Quicken.

But I am in the process of switching to iBank 5 so I don't need to run Windows on my iMac.

OP
R
Reaction score
I have downloaded Parallels and opened it. Also downloaded Chrome OS and can get that opened.

Downloaded the Quickens and it remains as a ghost image and when I try to convert it, I get error 41300.

The first solution is ‘Possible Solutions’ ask is ‘Make sure VMware Fusion virtual machine is not encrypted.’ Don’t know what this is or how to check it.

The next solution is ‘Try to Split and then Unsplit the VMware Fusion virtual machine hard disk in virtual machine settings before converting it to a Parallels Desktop virtual machine.’ How can this be done when the image of Quickens is a ghost?

Thanks

Ricmar

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you understand what member "Demapples" wrote? He gave you the exact method to use in order to install the Windows version of Quicken in Parallels.

I'm not sure from your post above exactly what it is you're doing? What has VMWare Fusion have to do with Parallels and what is the ghost image of Quicken?

M

MacInWin

Ricmar, you have to install parallels, then run parallels and install Windows as a new virtual machine under Parallels. Then boot that Windows virtual machine and install Quicken on the virtual machine.

Chrome OS and VMWare should have nothing to do with that process. If you already have VMWare and it works, you can also install Windows under VMWare, then boot it there and install into that virtual machine the Quicken program. VMWare and Parallels do the exact same thing--they allow you to create a virtual Windows computer that runs as an application on the Mac.

Demapples talked about Convergence mode, which is one way to run Parallels. However, for simplicity at this point, don't do that until you get Quicken installed and running. Just run Windows in the default mode, where you have a window on the Mac that is the Windows desktop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.