iChat: viewing an away message / autoreply

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac Dual G4 1.25 Ghz
I am new to iChat and would like to be able to view a user's away message without IM'ing him/her.

I usually use GAIM in Linux, and to view someon's away message / autoreply, I just had to right-click on their name and select view info (or something like that.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
All you need to do is look at the buddy list window and you should see it. If it is cut off all you need to do is hover your pointer over their name and you will see a tool tip with the entire message.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
if you just hold the mouse over their name in the buddy list the away message should show up in the "tool tip" thing that pops up. it is a little less convenient than a window because it disappears after a few seconds but i dont know of any other way

OP
timswim78
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac Dual G4 1.25 Ghz
D3v1L80Y said:
All you need to do is look at the buddy list window and you should see it. If it is cut off all you need to do is hover your pointer over their name and you will see a tool tip with the entire message.

Cool thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
although that you have no more problems I am just recomending a program, adium to you.. its the best out there and I use it for all my IMing and only switch to ichat for file transfers, lol..
so that is just a recomendation that is kinda on topic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.