Iphone 4s Touchscreen Not Working.

bnk

Reaction score
Hey everybody.

I recently dropped my iphone and cracked the top right corner of it. The crack led to the screen cracking up even more and eventually the touchscreen stopped working. I ordered a new screen with a toolkit from the internet and followed a youtube tutorial to replace the screen. After the replacing the screen, the touchscreen is still not working, and im guesing maybe its a software issue?I also cant access my phone through itunes because i cant get through the 4digit passcode (obviously due the touchscreen not working.. Also i think i might've messed up the antenna cable next to the battery connector because my phone cant get hold of any sevices. It keeps saying "searching".

Forgot to mention something: The old damaged screen was sorta working. Like the screen would move if i tried to unlock it but it would never fully go onto the unlock screen. I plugged in the old screen again and i was still getting some sort of response from the screen. I plugged the new one again and it didnt work at all, not even a slight response. This is alse leads me to believe that the part i got off amazon is probably faulty. Am i right?
Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Cheers,
B

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
After the replacing the screen, the touchscreen is still not working, and im guesing maybe its a software issue?

While we're guessing...another possibility is that something else other than the screen was damaged when the phone was dropped.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.