New IPod Classic

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2011 27" i7 iMac iPad Air iPhone 6 iPod Classic Sierra
I have recently received a new iPod Classic 160GB as a gift. I have managed to transfer all of my CD collection to the iPod through my iMac (late 20011 i7) and iTunes. I also have some audio books on CD and while I can transfer these to the iPod in the same way as Music is there any way I can make them appear in the Audio Books section of the iPod. at the moment they just appear in the Music menu in the genre. Spoken & Audio.

Thanks in anticipation

C

chas_m

Sure. All you need to do is tag the audiobook files as audiobooks in iTunes on your Mac. You do this by selecting a file or batch of files, pressing "command-i" for "Get Info," and change the appropriate category.

Tagging-audiobooks-iTunes.jpg

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks I have done this and the CDs I have relabelled as Audiobooks have disappeared from the Music list on my iMac and now appear as Audiobooks on the Mac, as they should do. However, when I synchronise my IPod after doing this, while the CD's I have relabelled as Audiobooks have indeed disappeared from my Music list on the IPod it still tells me there are no Audibooks when I go to that menu on the IPod ???

Puzzled, what am I doing wrong or not doing?

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well after a little experimentation I figured it out. Like most things Mac it was straightforward once you used a little common sense, an attribute that I sometimes lack!!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Well after a little experimentation I figured it out. Like most things Mac it was straightforward once you used a little common sense, an attribute that I sometimes lack!!

Related to computers - don't we all !!!

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Having solved the above problem another has appeared with regards to Audiobooks. I have transferred the boxed set of The Twelfth Man CDs to iTunes and from there to my iPod. While they appear as individual 'books' on the iMac an each track plays in the correct order, when I look at them on the iPod all the disc tracks are mixed up and appear to be arranged in alphabetical order irrespective of which CD they came from.

Any suggestions please for this novice iPod user.

C

chas_m

Yes. Make sure (on your Mac) that all the "tracks" of the CDs have track numbers. Add them if they don't. Then the tracks should play in the correct order on other devices.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes. Make sure (on your Mac) that all the "tracks" of the CDs have track numbers. Add them if they don't. Then the tracks should play in the correct order on other devices.

I have had a look at each recording and all the tracks have numbers attached to them and as I said previously they play sequentially on the Mac but are mixed up on the iPod.

Thanks for the response

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.