Pandora problems

Reaction score
Recently I have been getting a Limited Network Connection. Buffering... message while listening to Pandora. This occurs even though I have a "full bar" connection and 3G. This can happen three times in one song. Pandora's suggestion was a full delete and reload which I have done without success.

Using an iPhone 4S with the latest updates.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Have you checked your data speeds with the speedtest app? Could be slow connections causing the constant buffering.

C

chas_m

As you say you are listening to Pandora using a 3G connection, the problem is likely with your network "throttling" constant downloading. This may also occur if you are at or over your bandwidth limit on 3G.

Do you have the same problem when listening to Pandora on your home Wi-Fi network?

OP
B
Reaction score
As you say you are listening to Pandora using a 3G connection, the problem is likely with your network "throttling" constant downloading. This may also occur if you are at or over your bandwidth limit on 3G.

Do you have the same problem when listening to Pandora on your home Wi-Fi network?

I have a lot of my data limit left each month so I don't think that's the issue. I am going into talk to Verizon tomorrow or Tuesday to find out what they have to say.

We were driving to relatives house today, using Pandora to feed the car stereo, and my phone was doing this buffering thing. Switched to my wife's phone and no problem. She has the same model iPhone that I do and is on a shared data plan with me.

Jim

OP
B
Reaction score
Well, I went to Verizon and they were stumped so sent me another phone.

I received the replacement phone today and while I was programing it the dang thing kept powering down and then back on about every 3 or 4 minutes. They are now sending a replacement for the replacement.

More next week.

Jim

C

chas_m

Their solution was overkill for an isolated problem with one service (which is not even under their control). Again I'd ask "do you see the same issue on the home Wi-Fi network?" Perhaps your iPhone was approaching "full" in terms of storage?

OP
B
Reaction score
Things are fine on the home WiFi. I listened for many hours on New Years doing my end of year paperwork.

The phone itself is a 16gig model with about 9gigs left. And, I am nowhere near my data usage limit each month.

None of the "techs" I talked to so far have ever seen this issue.

I agree that replacing the phone seems like a gross solution to a small problem but I am glad that they are doing it without a fight.

Jim

J

jpharrin

I've had this happen on my iPhone 5 when crossing between 4G and 3G networks. That might be a contributor, since your wifi connection works fine. 3G can't handle the data as fast. And it's not an issue of your monthly data usage. It's how much data is flowing "at that moment." If your sink drain is partially blocked, the water backs up and has to wait for space to open before it can drain. It's kind of the same thing. I think.

OP
B
Reaction score
Well, I have had the second replacement phone up and running for a few days now and everything seems fine. I have no idea what the problem was but things are pointing to a phone issue as opposed to a software issue.

Jim

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.