Help: Should i get an ipad mini 2

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to the forums i joined because i needed a little help in making a decision.

I've been thinking about getting an ipad mini with retina display, but i don't know if I should get one. I have an iphone 5 and thus plenty of musical/video content through iTunes. I'd like to primarily use it for some app, games, reading (comics/manga/some books), and watching movies(ps3/ps4 are my primary video apps and movie players). I have several consoles and both handhelds, and I'm just wondering is the ipad mini 2 worth adding to my electronic arsenal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 13"MBA 2.2GHz i7, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.11.6
Why not? I've been thinking on getting one myself for those times when the 15"MBP is too bulky to bring, but my iPhone screen is too small. Definitely better for reading and watching vids! I really like the mini because it fits in the palm of one hand, unlike the regular-sized iPad...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
YES GET ONE !!!!

I had the original iPad Mini and this new Retina Screen version is 100% better to read on, play games on, and i love the screen and size. Text is a lot more crisp, so i can read Books with a small enough font, that makes the page numbers come down in iBooks. Playing games is good, with no lag, with the new chips in it.
The 64GB model does me well, with a few games, a LOT of work Apps, and the likes, and a few movies, although i have Air Video to Stream them from my MBP while I'm at home in bed or on the lounge.

They are a great little machine and highly recommend them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.1 GHz Intel i7, 16 GB Ram
Hi all, I'm new to the forums i joined because i needed a little help in making a decision.

I've been thinking about getting an ipad mini with retina display, but i don't know if I should get one. I have an iphone 5 and thus plenty of musical/video content through iTunes. I'd like to primarily use it for some app, games, reading (comics/manga/some books), and watching movies(ps3/ps4 are my primary video apps and movie players). I have several consoles and both handhelds, and I'm just wondering is the ipad mini 2 worth adding to my electronic arsenal.

This I why I made so much money on apple stock. :Cool: I have a mini...it's great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.