How to Enabled Paste on Mac OS X Finder

Reaction score
Hello Merry Christmas all.. :D

Someone can help me please, how to Enabled Paste on FTP Shared Folder on Finder, I have try on Mac OS X 10.4.11 even on Mavericks, but still can't paste on this folder.

Thanks before

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
...Your question isn't very clear...
In most cases, write authority will depend on which account you are logged in on. Anonymous logins won't have write authority.
Does that help?

OP
A
Reaction score
@ gsahli :

Sorry for my bad english, I mean, we enter the FTP link on Finder, and we want Copy file from local and then Paste on this Folder (FTP folder), but we can't paste on this folder even sub folder.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Sorry for my bad english, I mean, we enter the FTP link on Finder, and we want Copy file from local and then Paste on this Folder (FTP folder), but we can't paste on this folder even sub folder.

I agree with gsahli... you likely don't have permission on the FTP server to write files to that server. You would need to log into that server as a user with write permissions.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I'm pretty sure this is a restriction of Finder - it, as far as I know, has only ever had read-only support for FTP servers. At the end of the day, you're better off with a dedicated FTP client like Cyberduck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Leopard can do it

I'm not 100% sure I understand the question, but I am able to paste over the name of a folder in Finder. (OS 10.5.8)

OP
A
Reaction score
Hello, I think VanSmith's is best suggestion, Finder will be read-only for FTP on Mac OS.
And I have used Filezilla for Download and Upload files, and Cyberduck is alternative choices.

Thanks and love u all :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.