GameRanger problem

Reaction score
(I would post this in the GameRanger forum for help but the application must be downloaded in order to access them... a problem seeing as I am having trouble downloading it)

I have downloaded the Mac form of GameRanger multiple times, and it won't actually open and work. It says I am in GameRanger, but no window opens and I can't do anything. I have uninstalled and started over multiple times, and still nothing. Any ideas?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you running Mavericks? If you are, read this:

Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) Incompatibility

Unfortunately, Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) removed a core networking library which prevents GameRanger from working at all. If you're able to, avoid upgrading for now if you want to keep playing.

A GameRanger update is being worked on, but this has required rewriting a significant percentage of the code. This is far more work and far more complicated than originally anticipated, so will take some time to complete.

This was previously announced within the GameRanger app's news broadcast system.

OP
G
Reaction score
Ahh, that would be it. Thanks for your help.

As a side note, I really haven't enjoyed the Maverick update. My Macbook has occasional annoying problems that I didn't have before "upgrading," and I haven't really had cause to benefit from the new features; frankly I'm not even sure what most of them are.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.