network priority

Reaction score
how can you activate network selections in the network preference advanced window so that you can click and drag them to change priority

M

MacInWin

On my Mavericks system, you just click and drag. Nothing to activate as far as I can see. You may need to be in an administrator's account, but my usual account is an Admin account.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Use the gear icon at the bottom to "set service order".

M

MacInWin

Use the gear icon at the bottom to "set service order".
Hmm...that is not in the Advanced window, which is where I thought the OP was looking, but it is how to move about the Service Order. I wonder which one the OP meant?

OP
M
Reaction score
when I am in the advanced tab the network names are greyed out and when I click on them
nothing happens and admin option box is not checked is there something else that would lock
these out?

M

MacInWin

Does your user account have admin privileges? Go to System Preferences/Users and Groups to find out. The block "Allow this user to administer this computer" is checked if you have admin privileges. To change the priority, I think you need that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.