Is there a way to replace twitter, facebook as default apps w/o jailbreak?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone6s, Mini Server (2011), MBP 15inch i7(2013) Retina, iPad Pro
I want to replace twitter w/ Tweetbot without jailbreaking my ipod/ipad.

Will jailbreak void my applecare?

What's the down side of jailbreak.

My goal is the replace the apps twitter/facebook flicker on the share screen. I don't use those things and would like to get rid of them.

May be a repeat question...so sorry if it is.:Shouting:

C

chas_m

The Twitter and Facebook and Flickr "share" options are not functional until you fill in your credentials for each service in the system preferences. If you haven't done that, just ignore them.

No you can't replace them, they are system level. As far as I know, jailbreaking is not possible on newer devices/iOS 7. So I think you are out of luck on your goal. Not understanding why you can't just install the Tweetbot app and use it, lots of people seem to do this without issue.

OP
RattlerMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone6s, Mini Server (2011), MBP 15inch i7(2013) Retina, iPad Pro
I wan to replace the apps that I do not use on the "share" screen. Photo attached. I want to replace Twitter with Tweetbot, Mail w/ Gmail.

I've included a screen shot of the page that I'm referring to. I would like to select the apps to use instead of the IOS 7 default options.

photo.jpg

C

chas_m

I'm sure that's possible on an OS mod level and perhaps someone in the JB world has figured out how to do that. In my previous post I said it wasn't possible to jb iOS 7 but then of course evasi0n comes out like THE NEXT DAY (doh) and perhaps that opens the door to that possibility for you.

That said, bear in mind that if an app an do OS-level modding, it can also do OS-level malware or spyware should it choose to. Choose your sources *carefully* -- there's a LOT of money to be made in hacking iOS now, and a LOT of interest in doing so.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.