How many switched in the last year?

OP
J

jamestuttard

I bought my 12" ibook in September, I'm training to be a teacher and i needed something light, small and portable. Oh yeah, and with a decent battery life to it.

I did some research before buying, and thought if I can't use it, I could aways install Linux.

I ordered the beast with more hard disk, and iwork '05. it was Heaven! I found it a very easy machine to use. I love Expose, I love two finger scrolling, and the slot loading drive.

Admitedly there were two problems: memory usage and software.

I fixed the first by fitting an extra 512 - and now she really shifts!

The software problem was there were lots of little programs I used in windows, so I spent at least a month looking for equivilant programs for the mac (www.freemacware.com is FANTASTIC) Pages is my favorite program, unfortunatly I've not found a replacement for Irfanview - but hey, you can't have everything in life.

The ibook is just as fast as it was when I bought it, it's full of my music films and movies; quite simply it just works.

I do miss playing games, but thats what a games console is for, my DS fills my mario addiction just nicely.

so yeah, white is a bit of a pain to keep clean, but i've experianced no slow down, no crashes and I don't actually think I've rebooted it more then 5 times :)!!!

I now hate using windows machines, and have no intention of going back.

Reaction score
Got a 20" iMac G5 for my 18th Birthday on November 21st. It arrived that day, and it was so cool... sat up all night and missed school the day after :p .

I waited for over a year (see my registration date) pondering about which mac... it went from a mac mini to an imac then back to a mini and even considered an emac or a powerbook... until the one more thing keynote where the isight G5 came out and I love it. I don't even mind the Intels because this computer just does what I want it to.

OP
U

UncSki1218

i switched...kind of saw my friends...kind of saw them in the stores. love it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.