?:MBPw/retina and photoshop cs6

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 MacBook (m5), 2013 macbook pro retina 15", 2009 MBP non retina 13", 2014 21" iMac
Hello,

Ive been bouncing back and forth as I'm trying to figure out which mac i should upgrade to from a 2009 MBP 13" model.

The most important thing for me is how well it will work with Photoshop CS6.

If anyone can help me with this i would greatly appreciate it.

Right now I'm leaning towards another MBP as portability is more important to me than i originally thought, but before i invest $3000+ into a new MBP id like to hear from you folks if you've had any issues at all while using it with Photoshop CS6. Any lagging or issues of any kind?

Thanks so much for your input and i look forward to hearing from you.

best always,

rick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2012 MBP 2.9GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 256 GB SSD not retina xD
No problems, 8gb of RAM is enough, and a solid state drive should be more than enough. Retina display certainly helps. Keep in mind that the Retina cant be customized.

OP
greyhound rick
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 MacBook (m5), 2013 macbook pro retina 15", 2009 MBP non retina 13", 2014 21" iMac
No problems, 8gb of RAM is enough, and a solid state drive should be more than enough. Retina display certainly helps. Keep in mind that the Retina cant be customized.

Thanks so much for the input!

Will the default screen resolution on the MBPR work ok with PSCS6 or is there a certain setting that has to be selected to make the icons, text and images look best on the screen?

Thanks again,

rick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.