,,,,,,k///// Being typed on its on

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.6GHz i5 8GB RAM 1TB HDD OSX Yosemite
Tonight I was prepping to type some info into a box on a web page and just as I started to type this was being typed before my eyes /////k,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It wasn't me... At least I don't think it was. I may have had my had touching the keys just not sure. Well I backspaced the info out and commenced to typing what I wanted... Question I'm running Mavericks are there any viruses or Trojans I should know about?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There are no viruses in the wild which can infect your Mac. Some malware, yes. But as long as you keep your system up to date from Apple and stay away from nasty sites, you have nothing to worry about.

OP
zyepod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Appreciate the info chscag... I'm a fairly clean surfer lol... Speaking of malware. If I were infected with some sort of malware I'm thinking this would allow someone into my mac? Should I consider a free program that would search out any? If so do you have any recommendations?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No one can get into your Mac unless you let them, malware or no malware. Use strong passwords, keep all sharing turned off, and just use good common sense.

OP
zyepod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks chscag...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.