• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

apple store job

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
early 2007 White Macbook. 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 Gb ram, 120 Gb HDD. OSX 10.6.8 SL
Im too young at the moment, but i was wondering if i should look at this for a first job in my future, i have a passion for technology,mainly apple. whenever i look at apple products, i have a tendency to remember specs and prices, i love the talk of apple and i have a lot of knowledge on their product and i love teaching how to use tech and telling about the product, but, i don't wanna get my hopes up because, well, everybody says its awful to work at the apple store, unless they crack a whip on me. i can't seem to see the bad, they have to pay at least minimum wage, if I'm gonna get a job, i don't care if it pays somewhat less if its my passion, it is just the start after all

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When you do become of age, go for it if it's something you really want to do. I believe it would be a great way to start out in the working world and the experience you'll get there will be priceless.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Im too young at the moment, but i was wondering if i should look at this for a first job in my future.............

Hello - nothing at all wrong w/ your wish to work @ Apple - assume you mean in an Apple Store in retails or the genius bar? Look HERE for some helpful information - good luck. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" I7 first one and loving it.
Good luck! Go for it always pursue what is interesting to you. You will be much happier.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini | Intel Core i5 | 8 GB RAM | 240 GB SSD | Dell 27" LCD | OS X 10.10.x
Yeah, in my opinion as long as you are honest with yourself about what you care about as far as interests and vocations go, I say go for it if it's what you really want. Just because somebody else thinks it's not a great place to work doesn't mean that will apply to you, but of course you never know. As you can probably imagine, you will experience a lot of things in your journey of the world of work, some good and some bad, but it's all part of figuring out what you want to do with your life, and it will make you into what you are. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.