Time seek with Quicktime ?

M

microfox

Hi

I'm new to this site and I have been a mac convert for a few weeks. I have a question about QuickTime Pro 7.04.

When watching recorded TV shows on my Windows box, I use either Power DVD or Beyond TV and both apps can be configured with the mouse or with the keyboard to jump ahead or back, a certain amount of configurable time. That's pretty handy to skip commercials. Is there any way to do that with QuickTime ?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I don't know the answer to your question, I hae never had that to look into, but I am sure somebody here will have an answer.. I am just replying to your post to welcome you to the forums, you will enjoy the atmoshpere here, and congratulations on switching.

OP
A

ankushpatel

i dont really understand your question

do you mean can you go back and forth to forward the ads.

WEll yes all u need is quicktime pro

OP
M

microfox

ankushpatel said:
i dont really understand your question

do you mean can you go back and forth to forward the ads.

WEll yes all u need is quicktime pro

I have Quicktime Pro. What I would like to know is if in Quicktime there is a keyboard key that can be configured to move forward (or backward) a certain amount of time.

In Beyond TV (for Windows) for instance, the . (dot) key can be set set at any amount of seconds you wish, so when you press that key, you skip ahead whatever amount of time you have set it up to.

With Power DVD (for Windows), the mouse sroll wheel can be configured to move forward or backward, just about the same way.

I hope this is more precise...

OP
M

microfox

I knew there had to be a solution.

It took some time but I found it. It's "Movie Time", from:

http://www.sansworks.com/

It's based on Quicktime but with a different interface AND it allows the user to configure the "jump interval", amongst other thing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.