Trouble syncing iWork between iMac and iPad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 Mac Mini - Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz - 8GB ram - 1TB HDD, iPad Air 32GB, iPhone 6s 64GB
I,m still experiencing issues with trying to sync my numbers and pages documents from my ipad to my imac, I've tried using dropbox and emailing them to me in a numbers or pages file and iwork still won't open them. It keeps saying they are missing index.xml file. What am I doing wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Saving From iOS:
Touch the spanner icon top-right - Share and print - Open in Another app - select Pages/Numbers/Keynote(as appropriate) - choose app - open in Dropbox - choose a save location and touch save. It saves as a zip file

Opening From OSX:
Go to Dropbox folder where the file was saved. Double-click to unzip.Double-click, now unpacked, pages file to open in pages.

Saving from OSX:
Either save in place or hold option before clicking File and choose save as. Save in a Dropbox folder.

Opening from iOS:
Go to Dropbox app and find the file and tap it, now hit the action icon (little square with an upward arrow) - tap Open In.... - Choose pages

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
Is there anything stopping you saving them to iCloud? I use this feature and it keeps the documents in sync across my iPhone, iPad and MBP automatically.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Is there anything stopping you saving them to iCloud? I use this feature and it keeps the documents in sync across my iPhone, iPad and MBP automatically.
The OP uses Snow Leopard but iCloud iWork syncing is only supported in Lion onwards

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 Mac Mini - Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz - 8GB ram - 1TB HDD, iPad Air 32GB, iPhone 6s 64GB
Finally got the sharing issue fixed. Turned out that I had to install an update for iWork 09', the 9.1 update so it could open the newer iOS 7 pages and numbers apps documents. The only thing is apple said to remember to share it as an excel or word document so it could open them.
Thanks again for all your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.