Shortcut help

Reaction score
In the edit tab, how does one actually use the special characters shortcut it it shows right next to it? No matter what I do, it uses the command+space shortcut to access the spotlight. I love using the emojis but its getting to be a pain to have to click through the menu to access it if there is an easier way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
There are certainly a number of options for your purpose, but just to show the one I'm using see the attached pic - from System Preferences > Keyboard; note the red arrow - click there if you want the 'Character Viewer' on the upper menu bar; the blue arrow shows the icon on my MBPro - just click and the viewer choices open - Dave :)

Screen Shot 2013-12-16 at 8.37.05 PM.png

OP
J
Reaction score
There are certainly a number of options for your purpose, but just to show the one I'm using see the attached pic - from System Preferences > Keyboard; note the red arrow - click there if you want the 'Character Viewer' on the upper menu bar; the blue arrow shows the icon on my MBPro - just click and the viewer choices open - Dave :)

Works quick enough for me haha. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.