Is the keychain password the same as the main login password.

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a password that I use to log into my mac

Is this password the keychain password?

My mac keeps asking me for the keychain password.

I enter the password I use to log into the computer, but it doesn't like it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Originally it is the same, until you change one or the other.
Have you changed your user password ? If yes, try keychain with the previous user password.

Cheers ... McBie

M

MacInWin

And changing one does NOT automatically change the other. McBie implied that, but I wanted to state it clearly so there would be no confusion.

OP
T
Reaction score
I'm positive I haven't changed the keychain password - I wouldn't know how to with out looking.

Is there a way to find out the keychain password because the login password doesn't work with the keychain.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Have a look at my post again ..... have you tried to log into your keychain using your previous user password ( not the keychain pasword )

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
I think this problem is a bigger mac Mail problem. I have been having this problem of getting a little box popping up almost every time I open mac Mail asking for me to put in my password. This is ever since I received notification of some sort of spamming problem a couple of months ago. It is really annoying to constantly have to input your password. I did change it at that time, but have since gone through and changed it in the keychain so I don't know why it's still doing it.

I am just the last couple of days having a problem where I can receive mail on mac Mail but not send. I have mentioned this on the other thread to do specifically with this.

So that is why I am guessing there might be a bigger problem with the mac Mail lately. I am still on Snow Leopard and others having this issue are using different OSX versions. Hope it gets fixed soon! I am soon upgrading to Mavericks but this is a problem with Mavericks OS also.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.