Spanning Rar or Zip files on MacOSX

I

integra97

Hello,

I'm a new Mac user and I need a way to put large files onto cd on my PowerBook G4. Eg. I have many files over 1gb and as I dont have a dvd burner in my Powerbook, I need to find a way to get them onto cd. I was thinking of winrar on the pc and its spanning of files, but its not available on the mac. Is there any software that can do this on the mac, or if there is another way to get the files onto cd that would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Try MacHacha. I think this is what you're asking for...it's Free.

OP
I

integra97

Hello
I tryed that MacHacha software, great lil app by the way.

I can't get the files i spanned in MacHacha to extract in windows on my pc. It doesnt recognise the format. And I tryed all the option compression methods and still no result. Please help! Im running out of space on my HD and I gotta get these files onto cd.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
If you have a PC, why don't you just get an ethernet cord and connect your Mac to the PC and share files? If the PC has a decent hard-drive, you could just store your Mac files on it...

Once you get a crossover cable hooked to both machines, go to System Preferences and under the "Sharing" tab, there will be a checkbox called "Windows Sharing"...turn it on and you should be able to see the Windows machine on your Mac, then drag and drop away.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.