Airline charger for Macbook Pro 13"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 " MacBook Pro, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 480 GB SSD
I do a lot of international travel and need a good airline DC charger for my MacBook Pro 13". Any experiential suggestions?

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 " MacBook Pro, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 480 GB SSD
Airline charger for Mcbook Pro 13"

Nick: Thanks for your response. I have looked at they adapter you referenced. My understanding of that adapter is that is will power my Macbook Pro while in use, but does not charge the battery. I am looking for a charger that will charge the battery as well as power my computer during use.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Nick: Thanks for your response. I have looked at they adapter you referenced. My understanding of that adapter is that is will power my Macbook Pro while in use, but does not charge the battery. I am looking for a charger that will charge the battery as well as power my computer during use.

Ok...no problem.:)

Please let us know what you've already tried (or are familiar with) so we don't suggest things that you've already explored.:)

Thanks,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi Pop68 - there was a short thread HERE on this topic not too long ago - probably will not be of much help to you - sorry. :(

Except for having regular AC for your MBPro charger (e.g. in the terminals), there are just not that many 'battery' options to supply the power needed by that charger (a few stats in one of my posts in the link) - size/weight would not make them portable - so 'power' at the airplane seat might be your only choice?

In jest, I suggested carrying my Xantex power unit on a plane - has enough battery power to run a 120 v. plug-in for a while but weighs a ton! :Cool:

Dave

xantrex-powerpack-300_69.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.