Maps sounds on ipad air

Reaction score
Hi

I have an ipad air and I like to use maps on this device.

Can any one help me how to switch on sounds on maps for navigation. Tha ipad is wifi only but I use an internet key when navigating since I do not have 3g

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Hi

I have an ipad air and I like to use maps on this device.

Can any one help me how to switch on sounds on maps for navigation. Tha ipad is wifi only but I use an internet key when navigating since I do not have 3g

Thanks

You should already have sounds if you have the silent switch off and the volume tuned up while you are in maps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Sorry to say, the WiFi only iPad or iPad Mini don't have Voice Turn by Turn like the iPhone does. See below images from my iPhone5 and iPad Mini . .

p0O91ad.png

5KDVbcI.png

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I'm just curious - do you know if the navigation features show up in the 4G enabled versions of the iPad or is it iPhone only? i have to imagine they might (which I know is of no use here for the OP).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I'm just curious - do you know if the navigation features show up in the 4G enabled versions of the iPad or is it iPhone only? i have to imagine they might (which I know is of no use here for the OP).

Just looked on my Fiancé's old iPad 3 with 3G and in Maps the voice controls do show up . . . Now its a hand me down Xmas present for one of our boys while i get the new R iPad Mini lol But yea its there, in all its glory . . . .

Just makes me wonder though, why is it so hard to throw in a GPS in all iDevice's ?? Or is it incorporated with the Sim somehows ?? Hmmm off to iFixIt i thinks

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I don't think it has anything to do with GPS and everything to do with data connections. I can do navigation on my Android tablets for instance if I have a wifi connection but I can't do navigation if I don't. That leads me to believe that a persistent data connection is the key (for map and voice data presumably).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have a App called Mud Maps for 4 Wheel Driving in Aust, and i had my iPad Mini connected via hotspot on my iPhone, and it didn't follow along for the ride. I have now just recently bought a Apple approved GPS from Bad Elf and that connects via Bluetooth and works amazingly well.
This usually picks up 11-12 satellites and its accurate to 2 foot or 24" in the old scale :p and with its own App or another App i can now use my iPad Mini a Range Finder . . . Im amazed at what i can do, having a dedicated GPS unit connected now, but out bush, ill never be lost or off a track. I can start tracking, then it gives me a 100 hrs of Data, so i can then turn around, and use that data to take me back to where i came from . . But we are getting off track here ~ No pun intended :D

OP
M
Reaction score
I have a App called Mud Maps for 4 Wheel Driving in Aust, and i had my iPad Mini connected via hotspot on my iPhone, and it didn't follow along for the ride. I have now just recently bought a Apple approved GPS from Bad Elf and that connects via Bluetooth and works amazingly well.
This usually picks up 11-12 satellites and its accurate to 2 foot or 24" in the old scale :p and with its own App or another App i can now use my iPad Mini a Range Finder . . . Im amazed at what i can do, having a dedicated GPS unit connected now, but out bush, ill never be lost or off a track. I can start tracking, then it gives me a 100 hrs of Data, so i can then turn around, and use that data to take me back to where i came from . . But we are getting off track here ~ No pun intended :D

Hi, Thanks for the information that you posted it is really interesting.

So if I use the apple approved bluetooth that you have bought can I have a fully functional GPS on my ipad? If yes can you please send me a link for this device?

thanks again really appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi, Thanks for the information that you posted it is really interesting.

So if I use the apple approved bluetooth that you have bought can I have a fully functional GPS on my ipad? If yes can you please send me a link for this device?

thanks again really appreciated.

To easy. Here is the link from Bad Elf Bad Elf and i have the Pro Model but any of the others, depending on Connector will do fin for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.