Image transfer from iMac to iPad....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hello & welcome to the forum! :)

Now there are many possibilities, and not sure if you want to transfer the entire folder or just the images contained in the folder? Also, will this be a need in the future, i.e. do you want to transfer a lot of pics often which will impact on your choice(s)?

BUT, I will simply list some of the ways that I've transferred photos 'back & forth' between my computer (use to be a PC now a MBPro) and my iPad:

1. iTunes - you can always sync between your computer and the iPad - I find this option painful but works!

2. Apps are available - I've used PhotoSync for a number of years - need apps on your computer & on your iDevice - both on my old PC & on my new MBPro.

3. AirStash (see pic below) - Maxell offering which sets up its own network and allows transfer between and iPad & a SD card (which can be plugged into a computer) - works both ways.

Now that's just for starters - there are obviously other choices but maybe this will get you started - good luck! Dave :)

Maxell-AirStash-product-shot-650x650.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14

Hi Jake - LOL! :)

I should have listed a 4th choice, i.e. email or the use of Dropbox, the latter another easy option - Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.