Easy way to integrate 8 images into 1 picture

Reaction score
I have limited to no experience with photo editing.

I would like to take 8 separate photos and put them into 1 photo (2 rows with 4 photos each). They are 2 different sequences and I want to add a small text box.

What is a painless way of doing this? I don't have to edit the photos.

I have the photos in iPhoto/Aperture.

I have MS Office and Gimp.

I was thinking about just dumping the photos in Powerpoint, saving it as a PDF, and then printing it at a photo place.

Would that quality be okay?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I would like to take 8 separate photos and put them into 1 photo (2 rows with 4 photos each). They are 2 different sequences and I want to add a small text box.

I don't have to edit the photos. I have the photos in iPhoto/Aperture.

I have MS Office and Gimp.

I was thinking about just dumping the photos in Powerpoint, saving it as a PDF, and then printing it at a photo place.

Would that quality be okay?

Hello - well, there are MANY variables in what you want to do; first, I have done a number of these 'combo' pics in PowerPoint (PP) and now in Keynote (having transitioned from PCs to Apple in the spring of this year) - SO, I would definitely use PowerPoint.

Second, I don't know the MP (megapixel) size of your photos nor the eventual 'pic' you want to produce - but you will likely need to 'crop & re-size' your images to fit into a PP frame (I used IrfanView - a free DL - on PCs, but some can be done w/i PP).

SO, PP is what I would suggest, but you need to tell us more details as to the questions above, and also whether you want to send these via email or print them out; if the latter, then the MP size of the images & the final size of the printout will be critical - Dave :)

OP
T
Reaction score
I am thinking a 7x5" or 10x8" sized print.

I couldn't actually find the the MP info in the photo in iPhoto. However, the info tab shows for the pictures:
2,7 MB
2848x4288
The DSLR shoots in 12,9 MP…so I am assuming that is the valid for the photos shot

I guess I can just resize the PowerPoint slide the match my desired photo size and import the pictures to there. I am very comfortable with PP so I can do any necessary adjustments in there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Are you trying to create a panoramic? combine X amount of images into one larger image stitched together? If you have a Canon install Photo Stitch off the supplied software CD. If you have Nikon or other, you can used Photo Merge in Photoshop Elements or Photoshop CS6 & CC. There are other alternatives out there, but very much a headache to use.

OP
T
Reaction score
No…not stitched together in a panorama. Just 4 separate images that show a sequence of events. I just used PowerPoint though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am thinking a 7x5" or 10x8" sized print.

I couldn't actually find the the MP info in the photo in iPhoto. However, the info tab shows for the pictures:
2,7 MB
2848x4288
The DSLR shoots in 12,9 MP…so I am assuming that is the valid for the photos shot

I guess I can just resize the PowerPoint slide the match my desired photo size and import the pictures to there. I am very comfortable with PP so I can do any necessary adjustments in there.

Hi again - the resolution of your images is fine to make your PP collage - you will still have to resize the images to fit where desired & set your canvas size to either of the dimensions indicated above.

Attached are two 8" x 10" PP collages that I made several years ago from several Carolina coastal trips - 4 images look well at that size - text is easily added (as you likely already know) - for 8 pics you might want to go w/ the larger print. Good luck! Dave :)

P1010622.JPG

OP
T
Reaction score
Great. Thanks for a sample of the final product. Got my "slide" done. Went with a 7x5. The 8 photos are all close up head shots of a sequence of my wife eating some exotic food. Good facial expressions in the sequences.

Now the Christmas gift is done :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Great. Thanks for a sample of the final product. Got my "slide" done. Went with a 7x5. The 8 photos are all close up head shots of a sequence of my wife eating some exotic food. Good facial expressions in the sequences.

Now the Christmas gift is done :)

Congrats! :) Hope that all will enjoy - I'm now on Apple computers and have not tried this in Keynote yet but should be fine.

Also, just DL IStudio for my wife on her iMac - a DT publishing program highly recommended by one our most prominent members - just trying it after your post and seems to be another option for this purpose - only $18 in the MAS - Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Ahh ok.. Yea any many programs can do what you want. Just copy and paste away. Now if these are photographic quality. Most people print the pictures on quality photo paper then have them framed with matting around them in a larger frame.. If this makes sense.. LOL

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.