Help! Airport Utility not finding base station

Reaction score
Hi. I just bought a used Airport Extreme base station on ebay. It's the 4th generation model -- A1354, also known as MC340LL/A. The owner claimed it's in mint condition and working fine.

I got it today. It looks like it's in good shape and I plugged my Ethernet cable into it, and the base station's light turned green as it's supposed to.

I am using an IMac (circa late 2007) running Mavericks.

The problem I'm having is that Airport Utility is not finding the base station. I don't know what's going wrong and I don't know how to solve the problem. I've reset the base station and I've unplugged it and plugged it back in with no luck.

Last year, I used an older airport extreme base station, one of the saucer shaped ones, and it would show up when I ran Airport Utility (I had to use an older version of the Aiport Utility app). I decided to upgrade to a newer base station because the saucer-shaped one kept dropping its wifi network.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas about why Aiport Utility is not noticing the base station. The manual that came with the base station didn't instruct on how to solve such a problem.

Thanks.

Sky

OP
S
Reaction score
Okay, feel free to disregard. I reset the Airport Extreme a second time and that seemed to do the trick.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.