• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Suspended from Ebay... whats going on?

Reaction score
Hey,

I was just wondering did anyone here get suspended from ebay? If so how long did it take before the suspension was lifted?

I have been suspended for over 2 months now and Im still waiting for it to be lifted... I think it was because I use copyrighted pictures!

Anyone out there able to advise me on this one?

DOES ANYONE KNOW AN ALTERNATIVE TO EBAY THAT WORKS PRETTY GOOD?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I have never heard of anybody getting banned from ebay.
It will probably be a long time if not permenant, they don't want people on there that could be scamming or using commercial images of your product as opposed the actuall product that you have.

OP
I
Reaction score
I really hope thats the case... I sell alot of electrical stuff on there and it doesnt look good that Im banned at the moment (to past customers).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i got banned once or twice for forgetting to pay my fees, but the ban was lifted the second i payed it.

if it was for something like copyright infringement, which is pretty serious, then you might never get back on the site.

isnt there some sort of yahoo auction thing? but make sure you start using your own pictures, i have never bought from anybody who used pictures that were not of the actual product being sold
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, ipod nano, ipod video and a whole lotta love
you can always create a different account. I was once suspended for using someone elses picture (eg. taking a picture of steves ibook and using as "my" item). To be honest I can't remember how long it took, but I know I still have the same name. It was maybe 5 years ago so I apologize, have you tried contacting ebay?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.