MXF FILE ON CF card and FCPX conflict

Reaction score
I have a canon xf 300 camcorder and my macbook pro with MAC OSX 10.7.5 will not recognize it, nor will FCP X 10.0.2. because of the MXF FILE ON CF card I think.
I downloaded MXF video converter ran the CF card through it and it didn't seem to do anything. FCPX nor OSX could see it. Nothing on the screen. Tried a card reader and the camera. The card reader showed up on the screen but not in FCPX. The Camera showed up nowhere…..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I have a canon xf 300 camcorder and my macbook pro with MAC OSX 10.7.5 will not recognize it, nor will FCP X 10.0.2. because of the MXF FILE ON CF card I think.
I downloaded MXF video converter ran the CF card through it and it didn't seem to do anything. FCPX nor OSX could see it. Nothing on the screen. Tried a card reader and the camera. The card reader showed up on the screen but not in FCPX. The Camera showed up nowhere…..

Have you tried installing the drivers from Canon for that Camcorder?

Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : XF300

OP
G
Reaction score
thank you for your answer. Yes, got them in it. I'm trying again tonight and hope to get them to show up on the computer and then FCPX. I'll be back with what I find out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.