Very Very Strange Problem (Am at a complete loss here..)

OP
C
Reaction score
I'm not interested in creating a problem with the guy or anything. I may go down just to chat him up or something but I very rarely hear it. If I'm on windows a lot gaming or something then I will hear it once or twice a week very faintly and briefly.

I'm not going to be living here more than 2 yrs or so and I understand he has his hobbies as I have mine (motorcycles, which are probably annoying for him) lol. I might just let him know that I heard what could have been interference from his tower or something of the sorts.

I'm just glad it is a small, honestly insignificant problem that has nothing to do with the macbook.

I also think I figured out why it is on the Windows side more.. While headphones are plugged into mac/osx, the power seems to "shut off" to the jack with a slight static pop if you listen closely during periods of inactivity.
Running headphones on the windows partition the headphones are being fed constant power I believe even during inactivity.
I'm sure there are other reasons also but this is just a thought.

Very interesting stuff!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 15" MBP 2.6 i7 GT 650M 16GB RAM/2012 27" iMac 3.4 i7 Radeon HD 6970M 2GB 24GB RAM
I'm not interested in creating a problem with the guy or anything. I may go down just to chat him up or something but I very rarely hear it. If I'm on windows a lot gaming or something then I will hear it once or twice a week very faintly and briefly.

I'm not going to be living here more than 2 yrs or so and I understand he has his hobbies as I have mine (motorcycles, which are probably annoying for him) lol. I might just let him know that I heard what could have been interference from his tower or something of the sorts.

I'm just glad it is a small, honestly insignificant problem that has nothing to do with the macbook.

I also think I figured out why it is on the Windows side more.. While headphones are plugged into mac/osx, the power seems to "shut off" to the jack with a slight static pop if you listen closely during periods of inactivity.
Running headphones on the windows partition the headphones are being fed constant power I believe even during inactivity.
I'm sure there are other reasons also but this is just a thought.

Very interesting stuff!!!
yeah OS X has an auto off if nothing is playing

OP
C
Reaction score
I recommend downloading seroquel.dmg and installing it.

I'm not a schizophrenic! Neither am I! The voices told me you would say that... They said you would think we were crazy.. We are NOT crazy... :Angry:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.