MacBook Air WiFi setup

Reaction score
After I have changed a router to Linksys EA 6200 my MacBook Air starts having an issue to keep my privet WiFi after re-open this computer. I have no issues with MacBook Pro. So, every time MacBook Air re-open, I have to manually select this WiFi. Or computer select a Linksys WiFi as default.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Click on your Wi-Fi icon in the menubar up top, select Open Network Preferences.

Select Wi-Fi on the left, then click on Advanced on the bottom right.

In the tab labeled Wi-Fi, do you see multiple "Preferred Networks"? Drag the one you want to be the default to the top.

OP
P
Reaction score
Hi, thank you for reply. I have tried this before, even deleted Linksys of networks. Added new Location, but what now happen, when I open computer to start, the small window pup with all networks for selection. Another word, before computer select Linksys network and I had to change, now its pup as a small window with all networks available. Computer doesn't select network by it self.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hi, thank you for reply. I have tried this before, even deleted Linksys of networks. Added new Location, but what now happen, when I open computer to start, the small window pup with all networks for selection. Another word, before computer select Linksys network and I had to change, now its pup as a small window with all networks available. Computer doesn't select network by it self.

Did you deselect the option to "Ask to join new networks"? If not, do so. Then delete everything from your list except your preferred one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.