Bootcamp W7 usb issues

Reaction score
Hi Im new to macforums and Id like to have some help..In my macbook pro retina I have a bootcamp partition with w7 and no USB port is working. so I cant use any peripherals. any ideas?

thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you download the driver disk image from Apple as you were directed by the Boot Camp Assistant? If so, did you install the drivers?

OP
C
Reaction score
No..I forgot that and downloaded them after from the web.....wifi is working..bluetooth too..only usb ports are not.
I partition with 30 gigs..is this enough?

thanks for your answere

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The 30 GB partition for Windows 7 is enough as long as you don't install a bunch of games that take up a lot of space. As for the USB ports not working, that has to be because of a missing driver. You say you downloaded the drivers from the Web? Was it from Apple?

OP
C
Reaction score
Yep.....I only need it to manage a helicopter control system from skookum robotics..a very light soft.
Do you suggest to run bootcamp again? I might made some mistake during installation..have W7 from a cd

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try doing this:

Boot back to OS X and run the Boot Camp Assistant once more. When you come to the part where it tells you to download the driver image, download the image and then cancel out of Boot Camp. Boot to Windows 7 and install the new driver image with the drivers. Let's see if that works.

Also, and I should have asked before.... Did you open the Windows 7 hardware tree from Control Panel, System and check to see the status of the USB ports? If the driver is missing there will be an exclamation mark ! over the USB hardware section.

OP
C
Reaction score
Great..thanks a lot it worked now...reload bootcamp and downloaded drivers to a usb...ad installed..working now

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.