iChat: Stuck inPreview/Invitation acceptance not working

Reaction score
Hi Everybody -

First post so I tried to search pretty thoroughly before posting, I think, but haven't found an answer.

Both parties using 10.7.5, iChat 6.0.2 and AIM accounts.
The problem, as stated in the title, is accepted invitations are not effective and both parties remain stuck in Preview.

I did search my /Library for iChat preferences (to delete them) and, to my surprise, was unable to find them. Also, both parties have re-set P-RAM.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Best wishes,
ed

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you search the correct Library? You should be searching in your "User" Library not the system Library. The problem is in Lion (which you're using) the User Library is hidden by default and can not ordinarily be seen.

OP
E
Reaction score
Thank you.
I was searching /Library not ~/Library.
I deleted my preferences, now waiting to contact other party to share your advice.
Thanks so much.
Will let you know if deleting prefs solves the problem.
Regards,
ed

OP
E
Reaction score
First, thanks again for your help.

It turns out that the problem was simply that the AIM username is not, for example, homer_simpson at aol.com; it's simply homer_simpson.

D'oh!

Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.