How to send email attachments: iOS

Reaction score
Hi,

I have the iphone 5s. I've tried my best but maybe my best was not good enough but does anybody know how to send email attachments on IOS? There appears to be no option for it with the 'Mail' app nor normal website (e.g. hotmail)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Retina
If I want to send a photo, I have to go into my camera roll, open the photo, at the bottom there is a little square box with an " up arrow", press that and it will give you a mail option.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks, problem solved!! I never thought of that because it's wasn't the conventional method of email file attachments.

Although, I'm still disappointed that I cannot send attachments via the direct hotmail website. Or maybe any other website of that matter. This seems to only can be achieved in the Mail app. It's also unfortunate that after receiving several emails, the earlier email does not appear any more in the Mail app. This presents a problem if you want to send an attachment, or even just an email to your earlier inbox mails.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Retina
I just looked at my docs, in pages, numbers and pdf's as well, it's the same process for these documents as well.

OP
S
Reaction score
That's good to know. Knowing that you can send attachments of Pages or Numbers via ipad, Ipad resembles more of a laptop to me now! It's also convenient that Pages and Numbers can be opened by a recipient who has Microsoft Office. I think I might buy an Ipad! Seems like a very portable form of laptop.

Although it's a bummer 1) cannot send attachment via hotmail website 2) Mail app restricts your view of earlier messages, whether inbox, sent, or junk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Retina
Ooh I just discovered that if you have created a new email, you can tap and hold down your finger in the message box and it will bring up an option to send a photo! Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be an option for pages, numbers etc.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yeh, i just tried it. That's pretty good but still has limitations.

I've been downloading several email apps from the app store but 'Mail' app, inherent in Iphone, is the best one from what I've used. Yet, it has the problem of hiding earlier messages. If that limitation wasn't there, an Ipad would just virtually be good as a laptop. And maybe a USB thumb drive to come with it too :p

Edited: Oh wait, I just found out that you can buy a USB adaptor for an Ipad. But...you can't transfer files from it or to it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Retina
It doesn't hide the messages, it puts them into "threads" like a conversation. You can disable this in settings/mail turn off organize by threads.

OP
S
Reaction score
Fair enough. Although seemingly if there are say 7 more DIFFERENT people who sends you further emails, these threads will be hidden. Also, Mail app does not allow you to see the ALL of your emails. I don't think there is an option for that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
1. You can get USB devices you can connect to iPad and copy from
2. You can search/view all emails in your account - dependent on the account provider. Hotmail and Yahoo are pretty poor at this.
3. Not sure I understand what you mean about hidden threads?
4. You can use attachments if you go to the full site (link at bottom of the mobile page) - in fact if you can attach anything that you can upload to SkyDrive too

OP
S
Reaction score
In regards to 'hidden threads' or 'previous emails that has been hidden', rather, I found the solution. Settings --> Mail, contacts, calendars --> Outlook (Mail) --> MAIL DAYS TO SYNC.
Prior to this my 'mail days to sync' was 1 week but now I have changed it to 'no limit' meaning I can see the first email from Inbox, sent etc that somebody has sent me.

M

MacInWin

Caution: that setting will soon take up a LOT of space on your iPad/iPhone. These portable devices are not intended to carry around every email you ever get from anyone at any time. They are meant to allow you to get your mail when you are not at your usual machine, or to get them and respond to them when you want to. But given the storage limitations, it's not going to come to a good end if you keep EVERYTHING, all the time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.