• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Software run only on intel based macs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Just heard that the new version of skype (2.0) will have support only for intel based macs. If that’s the way other software developers go, I think I will have a hard time with my iMac G5.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Skype and Intel have struck a deal to make a number of Skype features "Intel only" on both Windows and OS X.

Essentially, this amounts to a bribe, paid by Intel, to cut out AMD and everyone else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
It's a very Intel-like move...
(trust me, I work there)

It's sad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah, it's not really surprising that the first intel supported/enhanced OS X app is intel-only.

They're not getting into any software development unless it's to prove/demonstrate a real or assumed hardware advantage of theirs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.