Mavericks OSX

Reaction score
I have downloaded Mavericks on my wife's MacBook and she hates it ! Can I go back to Snow Leopard as I have the original disk ?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It might be easier to fix the problems she's having with Mavericks than to downgrade. What seems to be the problem/set of problems?

OP
E
Reaction score
Mavericks

My wife uses Numbers a lot and post Mavericks she is having trouble using the spreadsheets she had set up to track our finances. The layout seems to have changed and ii seems impossible to use all the old formulas in the cells.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Did you upgrade Numbers? That sounds like a Numbers issue and not a Mavericks one. If it is a new version of Numbers, downgrading to SL won't work since once upgrades are made available on the App Store, you can't get older versions (unless you've got an old copy archived somewhere).

There are a whole bunch of videos here that might help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Did you upgrade Numbers? That sounds like a Numbers issue and not a Mavericks one. If it is a new version of Numbers, downgrading to SL won't work since once upgrades are made available on the App Store, you can't get older versions (unless you've got an old copy archived somewhere).

Hi EmmEff - in addition to the above excellent comments, please take a look in your Applications folder in Finder - pic of mine attached; when upgrading to the new iWorks apps, the old ones are saved in the folder "iWork '09" and can still be use - may help your wife in the transition. Good luck! Dave :)

Screen Shot 2013-12-07 at 12.11.37 PM.png

OP
E
Reaction score
Mavericks Numbers

Dave - many thanks indeed - my wife is now Happy !!!!!

Great reply - a simple thing I know but difficult if you were born in 1941.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Dave - many thanks indeed - my wife is now Happy !!!!!

Great reply - a simple thing I know but difficult if you were born in 1941.

No problem and glad your wife is happy again! :)

BTW - two of my close friends were born in that year (guess that I'm the 'spring chicken' from 1946! ;D) Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.